About the job
Exceptional career opportunity for a Director of Finance & Operations to join a B2C eCommerce mobility company established in 2010, based in Amsterdam and with retail units across Europe.
Working closely and reporting to the CEO as an integral member of the management team, you will be co-responsible for the company to achieve profitable growth and development into a true eCommerce brand. We’re looking for an experienced Finance & Operations Director, with five+ years of experience in managing and growing scale-ups companies ideally in the eCommerce and / or omnichannel domain, preferably in the D2C domain.
As the Operations Director, you provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, people and systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. As the Finance Director, you will be responsible for developing, monitoring and evaluating the overall strategy with the CEO and leaders of business units with emphasis on bottom line performance, working capital and enhancing share and stakeholder value.
Primary responsibilities: Finance Director:
• To deliver value by achieving profitable growth in line with the five-year plan. You define the financial strategy, manage financial capital and communicate capital requirements and implications of business decisions to the CEO and Supervisory Board.
• Improve key business decisions and execution of the business strategy by providing useful financial insights
• Proactively manage cashflow and take the lead in raising additional capital to enable the company to meet sales, working capital, growth, and market share objectives.
• You ensure internal (cost) control mechanisms are in place. You drive gross profit targets and ensure efficient usage of capital and operational expenditures.
Primary responsibilities: Operations Director:
• Together with the CEO you are spearheading the development, communication and implementation of effective (growth) strategies and plans.
• Provide day-to-day leadership and management guidance which mirror the company core values. Support the team in everyday operations with a calming presence, making it easy and fun to operate, smooth out difficulties, listening and supporting stakeholders through change and leading by example
• Motivate and lead a high-performance management team; help attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team and support in hiring recommendations and execution. Develop personnel policies and ensure that all HR and related functions are properly performed.
• You collaborate with the management team to develop, implement and maintain plans for the operational infrastructure of systems and processes designed to accommodate the growth and bottom-line objectives of the organization. You develop, maintain and guard an effective system architecture and you implement best practices for eCommerce and omnichannel.
• Direct short-term and long-term planning and budget development with the team to support strategic business goals.
• You implement financial reporting processes and ensure timely reporting internally to the team as well as externally towards the Supervisory Board, shareholders and stakeholders.
• Manage key relations like banks, supervisory board, shareholders, key suppliers, and other key stakeholders.
• You structure, negotiate, and finalise (purchase and legal) agreements.
We have more information to send you regarding a detailed job description and more about this exciting opportunity, if you would like to explore further based on your interest and suitability.