About the job
Exceptional career opportunity for an ambitious and adept finance professional to join an established Venture Capital Fund based in London.
The Finance Principal will report to the CFO in a diverse role that will empower you across all areas of their financial operations. You’ll inform key decisions, own critical relationships with their major stakeholders and work alongside the fund’s General Partners. The role progression road map will lead to Head of Finance within 12 months.
Funds and Portfolio Management
● Fully own the fund administration process: draw down funds, return capital, produce quarterly reports and be on point with ad-hoc queries and tasks.
● Design, iterate and maintain key reporting models, including capital deployment, reserves, portfolio company valuations and fund outcome projections.
● Lead on the production of materials for fundraising, investor meetings and our AGM.
● Design a repeatable process to collect and analyse data from their portfolio and create actionable insights from it.
● Create analysis for quarterly portfolio reviews and regular offsites to improve the decision-making processes.
● Support the investment process, including cap table creation and management as well as modelling new rounds and exits.
● Provide support on all fund and portfolio legal matters.
● Own and leverage key reporting systems.
● Manage the relationship with their outsourced accountants ensuring timely preparation of quarterly accounts and the processing of invoices and payments.
● Work with their compliance consultant to ensure that the organisation is fully compliant with FCA rules and regulations.
● Assist with tax compliance across all firm and fund entities, including VAT.
● Support their fund auditors to produce annual accounts for their funds and associated entities.
Ideal career experience:
● 2 years’ experience in-house within venture capital or private equity is essential.
● ACA or CFA qualified.
● Be accurate and organised, able to prioritise and work autonomously.
● Take ownership of projects and drive them forward.
● Challenge existing processes and seek solutions to improve them.
● Exhibit your emotional intelligence, understanding your strengths and weaknesses.
● Possess strong written and verbal communications skills.
● Demonstrate expertise with spreadsheets, databases and presentation software.
If you are potentially open to consider this career opportunity, we have full job description to send you a more about the company including a link to their website to review.