Exceptional opportunity to join a globally recognised Venture Capital fund that invests in outstanding digital and technology entrepreneurs worldwide. The fund operates in early and growth-stage ventures, focusing on internet and technology companies that can quickly achieve global scale. The fund maintains offices in Berlin, Zurich, London and the Finance Manager/Fund Controller can be based in each of these cities depending on preference.
As Finance Manager/Fund Controller, you will be an integral part of the fund’s finance team working on a variety of finance tasks with a focus on valuation, fund controlling and fund administration, reporting directly to the fund’s CFO. Your responsibilities will include:
• Support the preparation of quarterly fund reporting.
• Help coordinate and review the work performed by the funds’ administrator/accountants.
• Prepare and update valuation memos for the fund’s investments, based on the review and analysis of company’s financial information as well as discussions with investment team members.
• Liaise with the administrator on payments, monitor and reconcile cash flows.
• Assist the legal team in the processing of transactions and related documentation and efficient processing of capital calls.
• Support preparation of financial reporting in IFRS and local GAAP.
• Help with the financial administration of various group entities.
• Managing annual tax reporting in relevant countries.
• Work cross-function with colleagues from the investment team, IR, finance, legal, and operations teams and with external service providers such as the funds’ administrator, tax accountants, lawyers, and auditors.
• Participate in firm-wide initiatives and/or projects that will increase operational efficiency, i.e. improve existing internal processes, introduce new software tools or ways of collaboration.
• You have at least 3-5 years of relevant controlling/accounting experience at a fund administrator, a fund service provider, a big-4 audit firm (in valuation, transaction advisory or other relevant business line; audit division only if the candidate was focusing on PE/VC funds), a venture capital firm, or an investment bank.
• You have a degree in business administration or a related field with a focus on finance/accounting /controlling.
• Ideally you have international accounting experience and ideally working knowledge of international tax.
• You are familiar with valuation approaches of portfolio companies.
• Fluent in English, German language is a plus.
• Excellent analytical skills, structured way of thinking and hands-on work attitude.
• Collaborative work attitude – a team-player with high standards of professional and ethical conduct, yet able to work independently.