Exceptional career opportunity for a Financial Controller to join a B2C eCommerce mobility company established in 2010, based in Amsterdam and with retail units across Europe and the USA.
Working closely and reporting to the CFO as an integral member of the finance team, you will manage a small and growing team and be directly responsible for:
- Billing, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables.
- Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting (stock valuation), Revenue Recognition.
- Bank payments, transfers between accounts, and quality control related to financial transactions and reporting.
- Quarterly stock counts.
You will lead financial processes for month-end and year-end close (including annual audits); coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting; and manage and comply with government reporting requirements and tax filings.
You know how to leverage continuous learning & improvement to maximize your role, your team, and the business. Love to design and implement solutions that overcome challenges and create positive change in the organization.
Externally, you collaborate with 3rd party finance service providers across Europe and the USA. Consolidate quarterly financials by working with both the holding company and sister company.
Ideal career experience:
- 5+ years of experience as a Financial Controller or similar role, with a degree in Accounting or similar.
- Able to work in their Amsterdam office for 2-3 days per week.
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and procedures (Dutch GAP, IFRS).
- Experience with creating financial statements and general ledgers.
- Good understanding of accounting software; strong knowledge of Excel or Google Sheets.
- Ability to develop the current team to its full potential and hire the best.
- Collaborative leader and team player; able to work cohesively and seamlessly with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong time-management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail while keeping the bigger picture in mind.
- Fluent in English and Dutch language a plus.
We have more information to send you regarding a detailed job description and more about this exciting opportunity, if you would like to explore further based on your interest and suitability.