Exceptional opportunity for a Venture Partner to be based in Germany with an established and leading European Venture Capital investor in digital technology companies that impact the future energy system. Their recently raised third fund provides early growth capital to ventures that shape the energy system transition through smart software and services-based business models.
The new Venture Partner which is a part-time (2-3 days per week) opportunity will work closely with the existing Partners and the team to increase their presence and reach in the German speaking region. You will work with this leading European venture fund investing in the forerunners of the energy system transition and have an opportunity to contribute to tackling the global climate problem through innovation and technology.
You are recognized as a professional with a well-developed network into interesting venture opportunities in the energy transition field. You have experience making investments in early and growth stage companies and understand what it takes to develop them into leaders in their field. Working with the next generation of entrepreneurs gives you energy and inspiration. You want to be affiliated with a strong brand and team while retaining the flexibility to pursue other business interests in parallel.
- Scouting and developing new investment opportunities for the fund in the German market related to energy system transition technology.
- Contribute to the execution of potential investments through all stages of the process, including initial screening, assessing companies, markets and technologies, and deal execution.
- Work with the Fund team to add value in critical areas of leadership, strategy, business development and fund raising for our German portfolio companies.
- Share sector insights and expertise in the field of the European energy transition.
- Build our brand and relationships with key stakeholders such as VC firms, thought leaders, corporate executives and advisors.
- Significant entrepreneurial experience as a founder or senior executive in a growth stage technology company; exposure to raising and investing venture capital appreciated.
- Forward looking, demonstrated willingness to take personal risk, visible: recognized as a leader in the energy/tech sector.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with an ability to work well within a team, effectively interact with stakeholders with diverse backgrounds as well as with a variety of people in the field.
- 15+ years of overall experience, including at least 5 years of (corporate) venture capital and/or entrepreneurial experience.
- Analytical mindset with excellent communication and presentation skills in English and German.