Smart Energy |Enterprise Software & Hardware company
We are exclusively recruiting for an established high growth enterprise software and hardware company in the smart energy / clean tech / energy transition sector. Established in 2014 with 50 FTE and head quartered in Lausanne where this position is based, we are searching for an exceptional CTO who can lead a team of 10 tech professionals.
This opportunity is ideal for a high performing and hands-on CTO with an entrepreneurial drive to ensure the company exceeds its mission to become a worldwide market leader. You will be part of the executive management team to ensure strong growth and help take the company to the next level.
You will take full ownership of technology development, product architecture, technical output, technical strategy and roadmap, and oversee our technical teams.
Key to this role is a thorough understanding of complex technology solutions covering combined hardware and software.
You will be expected to collaborate proactively with all business functions, including playing a strong role in prioritising sales focus. Taking the customer perspective is essential for delivering on our core values of co-creation, simplification and empowerment.
• Collaborate with the leadership team to drive, establish, and implement short and long-term goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures for all aspects of the business.
• Measure and track performances in all technical key functions of the company.
• Manage all technical resources across the product cycle
• Elaborate industrial systems and their implementation in an electrical environment (IT vs OT)
• Understand and drive the entire product development process, including resource planning, release management, documentation and scaling principles
• Own the transcription of business requirements into technical requirements
• Define and develop customised technical solutions for key customers, including ensuring successful project delivery
• Solution experience (combined hardware and software) in B2B
• Deep understanding of market direction and product development strategy, complex IoT architecture prioritisation and trade-offs
• Good understanding of standardisation, system architectures and middleware
• Strong strategic agility but willing and able to delve into the operational (hands-on)
• Strategic thinker who knows how to apply knowledge of business and organisation in decision-making and understands the interaction of multiple functions and how decisions impact them
• Strong team player with the highest integrity and ethical values, and open-minded, entrepreneurial mindset, and high levels of energy/enthusiasm
• Ideal if you have knowledge in electrical engineering, energy management systems (SCADA, ADMS, AMI) and grid operations technologies but not essential.